We have a green light on opening the rink for the 2020-2021 season!
Before we open the rink officially, we must remind all skaters that the pandemic rules and regulations for community rinks are constantly changing. Please respect the rules that are in place and forgive us if one week it says something is allowed and the next week is not. It is our responsibility to operate within the parameters set by Alberta Health Services.
We are working closely with EFCL and AHS to keep our patrons safe. However, it is also the responsibility of each skater to respect and abide by the posted guidelines.
All rules and regulations will be posted beside the entrance to the ice:
- When lacing up your skates on the outdoor benches, keep 6’ physical distance.
- There will be x’s marked where you cannot sit to remind everyone to keep socially distanced when lacing up
- Parents and guardians are to be the only ones allowed to lace up their child’s skates. Our volunteers are strongly encouraged to maintain physical distance.
- There will be a separate entry and exit up to where to lace up your skates on the outdoor wood benches
- The rink shack is CLOSED to all patrons and volunteers (other than rink management)
- There is no restroom available for use on site
- The skate and helmet program is still running; however children will be encouraged to take skates/helmet home and remember to bring them back each time they want to use the rink
- Hand sanitizer will not be provided. We encourage everyone to bring their own.
- The rink surface is split in half; we are currently permitting 10 users per rink side.
Due to the evolving situation around the pandemic, please look for up-to-date information here, as well as new signage and posted rules at the rink before you step onto the ice.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.